The aim and primary objective of EDS is to enhance the welfare of individuals who have diabetes, which includes:
- Educating the community about diabetes and its complications. Enabling other healthcare professionals to assist physicians in providing patient counselling and guidance about diabetes by developing guidelines for the management of diabetes with a multidisciplinary approach.
- Primary prevention of Type-2 Diabetes by decreasing the prevalence of risk factors leading to diabetes in the future.
- Decreasethe number of overweight and obese individuals. Increase the percentage of physically active people,limitthe usage of tobacco amongst adults and passive smoking to be eradicated in totality.
- Encourage a healthy lifestyle adaptation which includes a proper diet and exercise within pre-diabetic groups.
- Improve the life of diabetic patients and educate them to control and manage the disease more effectively and efficiently.